Saturday 20 September 2014





Rolled Trousers, Sad Old Men

The mem'ries of Life Carnival
Hot roars, kid squeals, fried onions,
Flapping flags

Alas, you don't recall what I recall

J. Prufrock sees the sad abuse of art
To advertise so endless sales expand,
And martyr Mrs. P. does not expect
Her kids will ever, ever understand.

No one recalls what anyone recalls.

Then, is what matters "taste"? A preference?

What? What? That's your response? That's it? 

I wander, mumble, call a name,
Confused, exhausted, full of shame.

All hope - all "I" - disintegrates,

Something is turning toward a searing light,
a blue-white searchlight super nova bright.

In honor of
their half-hour love
the insects fly
and scorch and die

I shall plunge headlong into war;

A neutron bomb is just a lovely torch?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts now? Comment and I will reply. I promise.