Sunday 5 March 2017

Today, loyal readers, I think I will let what I've had to say settle for a while. I hope at least some of you see that I am offering a viable way out of the "broken" system that we are looking at in the democracies of the West these days. A rational, but also compassionate, way. But like any social system one could propose, a moral realist way has little chance of taking hold if people do not buy into it and take ownership of it. 

Why should they? Because they are smart enough to see that we can't go on as we have been for the last twenty generations or so. Our weapons have gotten too big. In addition, our capacity to poison the systems of this planet has grown so large that we are really causing that poisoning as you read these words. It's us. It's not random and it's not nature herself to blame here. 

We'll come together under a model of human survival on this planet or we won't anything. Piecemeal, well-intentioned action is ineffectual. Our drift toward catastrophe remains unaffected by such acts. 

I see the biggest culprit in the current paralysis of good people as being postmodernism, with its method of deconstruction attached. It has fitted millions of very clever and concerned people with a vision that is ineffectual in the real world. Starting tomorrow, I will try to explain why I think postmodernism is both mistaken and dangerous. 

But for today, just simmer. We'll start to get more upset tomorrow. 




                                                   (credit: Wikimedia Commons) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts now? Comment and I will reply. I promise.