Saturday 23 August 2014






Jasper  1971


the party in the spectacular Rocky mountain tourist town  --- the real party -- 
began at one a.m.

the waitresses and chambermaids and some locals drove to the hidden lake...took the stereo out of someone's van, set it up...bass throbbing the blood...made a fire       

a little before two, the guys in the band at the bar and some of the bartenders began to arrive ... sober still, a little MDA, a little hash, a few on acid  ------ blotter or blue-check or sunshine...colors, pictures, fears and ecstasies...inside one little tab...inside

(telescope into the time)...then the crowd-tides...groupies, bouncers ... big guys

girls dance....cavewomen shadows... around the yellow-orange of the fire

Did you bring beer?           I thought you were going to.          We could get in serious shit drinking someone else's beer.                 Stop sweating man! Geez! You are such a downer! Serious for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Hey Tom, sing something. Sing "Behind Blue Eyes". Now that's genius, hey T.?

Where's Barry?      He's closing and doing cash. He'll be here in half an hour. What do you want?          Colette can't find a vein again.        To get fixed? Well, she'll just have to wait.

Where's Jare?            With that little fox from Ontario.          What? Bangin'?            
          Probably like rabbits.        The sand in the panties tells the story.


You guys are all insane. There's nothing here that's worth this.         This what?      This fucking away your life.          So what is it that you think we should be doing?       Get on with ... life. I don't know. Not this. This is mindless.          I am getting on with ... life. Your twenties come only once man.          Yeah, you live such a great life you look in the mirror in the morning and envy yourself.               Hey, yeah, man! That's it! I wish I was me!

Helen's pissed.        On wine?       No, she got into James's tequila.       Whoa, where is she?     Disappeared. So has James.        What? That bastard. Gets there before me.       Billy, you couldn't raise a hard-on with a crane, right now. You're too pissed.         Shut up.

Jackson you shut up.           Wanna go?              What you wanna go? Well, come on. Make your move, sucker!


Barry!

Some fine Panama Red.      Panama my ass! What? It's a brand name or something? You don't know what's in it.           I know good ganja, man. Who's got a roach?


Papers!                                                Far out.


Just go and sit beside him, Coral. He'll talk to you. You don't have to think of anything cool to say.              Oh, Tami, I can't.


Faye is really in love with you, you know. She never did it until you.


Hey! HEY!! Don't throw beer bottles in the lake. Brilliant! Just fucking brilliant!!!!! Yeah, I'm talking to you! Someday you're going to come back here with your kids and be sickened by what you just did. Don't tell me to shut up, you little cocksucker!!!!!!

No! Brian NO! You are not layin' a shit-kicking on that punk.


Shut that crap off! Didn't anybody bring Neil Young?                     Right on.


What's the matter now?! Where are you going? You can't walk back to town. It's twenty-six miles.           You leave her alone! Haven't you done enough?!


Nuts. This is all insane. Beer, drugs, and mindless bullshit!         Fuck you, Einstein!     

Yeah! Go home then! Who the hell invited you?!


They want it, man. They all want it. Irregardless of what they say.

How long've we known each other, man? Have I ever let you down? Has my dope? 

Too bad you can't give it to us, asshole! And "irregardless" isn't even a word!


NO! Karen. NO! Don't you get sick in my car!                    Leave her alone!


Where's Jon?        I don't know.         Who would?         I don't know. What's happening? 
Dorian's bad tripping!      Dorian?        Yeah, horse tranquillizers.       What?!      

Jon!! Thank God!      What's going down?        Come with me.....      .... You sold it to him!!


Danny!       Yeah.       Not you. The other Danny.      He ain't here.    Yes, he is. I saw him. 
Hey, Ann, no. Danny M. is busy. Trust me. This Danny will take you home.   Brian. Gimme your keys. Just give them to me. I'll explain later. I'll be back.


Insane.       Fuck you.         

I want to write what's real.                           So? Do it.


It it's the hah ah ah ah ahnky ton tonk women!! Gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues!           Shut up!! You two sound like cats!              Fuck them, eh T.?           



No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts now? Comment and I will reply. I promise.